One of the ways to make your game stand out from the other RMVXAce games is to create your own tileset, or assemble one from the many tilesets created by others.
Tips to create or assemble your own:
- Overview of the required sizes and filenames for the resource files
- Official Tileset Resource Standards (unofficial HTML manual export)
- Official Tileset Importing Guide
- Part 1 (Tools) of Lunarea's excellent tileset creation tutorial, Part 2 (Perspective) and Part 3 (Shapes, Edges, and Palettes).
Overview of various (tileset) resources
RPGMakerWeb released 12 packs of RPG Maker resources supplied by various content creators such as the talented Lunarea, mjomusic, Celianna, Joel Steudler, RavenTDA, PVGames, Archeia, Yami, Sharm, Kairi Sawler, VexedEnigma and Quigon. Expect music, battlers, tilesets, scripts and more!
You can download all 12 RPGMakerWeb Resource Christmas 2013 Gifts combined into one single archive.
- Various RPG Maker VX Ace resources
- Mack's Seasons Tilesets
- fbu's Tilesets
- Various alternative Tilesets
RPG Maker VX Ace Resource Pack DLC (Steam) Import GuideIf you want to know how to import official DLC into the standalone or Steam versions of RPG Maker VX Ace, then read the official RPG Maker VX Ace DLC Steam Import Guide.
Info about tileset sizes
- Each tile is 32x32 pixels.
- Grouped in five sets: A-E
- Contains lower layer tiles, such as floors, stairs, roads and water.
- Sub-divided into 5 groups; most of them as auto-tiles (special tiles for which borderlines are automatically created).